I made this illustration forÂ http://www.richardscottdesign.co.uk/
Do you know what to do in case of….
If a hurricane is predicted:
- Board up your windows with plywood or install storm shutters
- Secure your roof and siding to your house frame with straps
- Reinforce garage doors
- Trim back long branches
- Bring in outdoor furniture
- Familiarize yourself with utility shut-off switches and valves in your home in case you have to evacuate.
If an earthquake is predicted
- Fasten shelves to wall studs
- Store breakables and poisons in cabinets that latch shut
- Secure heavy furniture
If flooding is predicted
- Turn off utilities and move critical items to the highest possible point.